Online Banking is a secure, convenient and free service provided to all Vinton County National Bank customers. With just a bank statement and your personal information, registration will only take a few minutes to complete.
Online banking allows you to view all of your VCNB accounts including checking accounts, savings accounts, loans, individual retirement accounts and certificates of deposit.
Included with personal Online Banking are the the products listed below. For information on Online Business Banking (eCorp) please click here.
- Check account balances
- Review recent account activity
- Transfer money between accounts
- Monthly electronic statements
- Pay online bills
- Change or cancel pending payments
- Account activity alerts
- Online Bill Pay
In addition to accessing your accounts, sign up for our FREE Online Bill Pay. With our bill pay you are able to receive your bills electronically, set up payment reminders and ensure your bills are paid on time every month. Online Bill Pay is a hassle free way to manage your monthly expenses.
Thinking about getting started with Online Bill Pay? Watch this video. It will show you, step-by-step, how to set up payments, how to receive billing statements and more. See for yourself how easy it is to switch to using VCNB Bill Pay.
Accounts registered for Bill Pay that do not make at least one payment during the calendar month will be assessed a $3.00 fee.
Available through VCNB Online Bill Pay, Popmoney® personal payment service is an innovative personal payment service that eliminates the hassles of checks and cash. Popmoney® allows you to send and receive money as easy as sending and receiving email or text messages.
Simply use your current VCNB checking or savings account to securely send funds to anyone with a checking, savings, or money market account held at a U.S. financial institution. You will not have to sign up for a new or separate account.
Send or receive money through Popmoney® in as little as one business day for as only $.0.50 per transaction.
- Send birthday presents
- Pay the babysitter, gardener, dog walker, etc.
- Reimburse your college student for books
- Pay back friends and family
How To Use
- Sign into Online Banking
- Select Bill Pay
- Select Popmoney
- Enter the email address or mobile phone number of the recipient
- Follow the rest of the instructions to complete
The recipient will be notified via text or email that they have funds waiting to be retrieved. The recipient will follow a link, enter their bank account information and the funds will be deposited. It's that easy!
Standard text messaging and data rates may apply.
- Account Alerts
Would you like to know when a deposit is made, check cleared, bill paid or a withdrawal takes place on one of your accounts? Sign up for Account Alerts and you will be notified regarding any account activity that you consider important.
This free service is offered directly through Online Banking and alerts can be sent either via e-mail or text message (standard text messaging rates may apply). Choose the most convenient method for your lifestyle.
Available Alerts & Notifications
The Vinton County National Bank offers 19 different account alerts and notifications for checking accounts, savings accounts, loans and certificates of deposit.
- Check Clear
- Check Presented
- Checking Balance
- Checking Overdraft
- Debit Card POS Purchase
- Checking Transaction Posted
- Debit Card Transaction
- Transaction Limit Reached
- Checking ATM Alert
- Checking Pending Transaction
- Mobile Deposit (1 business day after deposit)
- Savings Sweep
- Savings ATM
- Savings Balance
- Savings Pending
- Savings Transaction Notice
- Mobile Deposit (1 business day after deposit)
- Loan Advance
- Loan Payment
- Loan Past Due
Certificate of Deposit
- CD Maturity
How To Enroll
- Log into Online Banking
- Go to the Message box
- Select New under Account Type
- Choose the alerts and delivery method you prefer
- Enter email address or mobile number as directed
- Select Done, it's that simple!
If you choose to receive text message alerts, enter your cell phone number and select your cell phone carrier from the drop down list. If you are already signed up for Mobile Banking, these options will be prefilled for you.
- Privacy & Security
Your Online Banking Security is Our Top Priority.
We want you to know that your online or mobile banking account is secure in accordance with the new Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) guidelines. Virtually all types of transactions are now more secure using the FFIEC guidelines to ensure that the person signing into your account is actually you and that only you have access to perform online banking transactions.
Facts About Online Banking Security
Online banking security begins with authenticating you as the owner of your account and not someone who has stolen your identity and compromised your account. In order to identify you, authentication methodologies involve three basic factors:
- Something the user knows (e.g., password, PIN)
- Something the user has (e.g., ATM card, smart card)
- Something the user is (e.g., biometric characteristic such as a fingerprint)
Enhanced Security Features for Better Protection
Since virtually every authentication technique can be compromised, we should not rely solely on a single control for authorizing high risk transactions, but rather a system of layered security. We use a layered security program that uses different types of controls at different points during an online banking transaction. Multiple security layers generally compensate for weaknesses in one control with the strength of another.
Effective controls that may be included in a layered security program include, but are not limited to:
- Fraud detection and monitoring systems that include consideration of customer history and behavior and enable a timely and effective institution response
- The use of “positive pay,” debit blocks, and other techniques to appropriately limit the transactional use of the account
- Enhanced controls over account activities; such as transactions allowed per day and allowable payment windows (e.g. days and times)
- Internet protocol (IP) reputation-based tools to block connection to bank servers from IP addresses known or suspected to be associated with fraudulent activities
- Policies and practices for addressing customer devices identified as potentially compromised and customers who may be facilitating fraud
- Enhanced control over changes to account maintenance activities performed by customers either online or through customer service channels
- Enhanced customer education to increase awareness of the fraud risk and effective techniques customers can use to mitigate the risk
We will continue to provide you the best security measures to protect your online banking account using single and multiple security factors. Enhanced layered security will also be used to protect your personal information as well as the banking transactions where appropriate. We will also make periodic risk assessment and adjust control mechanisms as appropriate in response to changing internal and external threats.
Prevention Starts with You
We recommend that you take several precautions to help prevent the compromise of your online banking account:
- Install anti-virus software and anti-malware programs on your computer.
- Install firewall software to prevent the “hacking” of your computer by fraudsters looking to collect your personal information.
- Stay current with your computer’s operating system, which may contain updates and patches to close security loopholes.
- Be diligent in tracking your transactional activity and reporting of suspicious activity.
- Frequently change password associated with online and mobile banking login screens.
- Limit access to your online banking account to yourself.
If You Suspect a Compromise
If you have determined or are suspicious that your account may have been compromised in any way, or you have received suspicious communications such as e-mails that ask for privacy information, please contact us immediately at 1-800-542-5004 so your matter can be addressed.
Vinton County National Bank will never contact a customer via phone, e-mail, text message or direct mail asking for any of your credentials including usernames, passwords, account numbers, social security numbers, etc.